29 June 2018
TRAFFIC CO-ODINATOR & COMMUNICATION ACTIVIST
Department: Strategic Workflow
Location: Cape Town
Job level: Mid-weight
Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships –- and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for the efficient flow of work from Client Services to the Creative Studio and Production departments. Assigns and prioritises jobs for the creative team, liaises with and involves the necessary departments and ensures timeous delivery of these jobs.
Required skills & competencies:
- A minimum Matric (Grade 12) certificate or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification. A higher qualification would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ working experience in a similar role in a Design / Studio / Advertising environment.
- A solid understanding of the creative process and project management principles.
- Experience creating and managing project timelines with multiple dependencies.
- An understanding of print and repro processes would be an advantage.
- Show a keen interest in digital applications / technologies that would enhance your role.
- Be suitably proficient in MS Office programs, with solid MS Excel skills.
- Have a working knowledge of Magnetic, Chase or equivalent project management software.
- Ability to work under immense pressure and with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Be responsible, reliable and credible.
- Have a co-operative attitude with good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn, work with instructions and accept developmental feedback.
- Be flexible and adapt to change.
- Responsible for coordinating the flow of jobs and tasks across all departments.
- Co-ordinate status meetings and ensure smooth communication across all platforms and teams.
- Monitor task/project deadlines daily to ensure the smooth delivery.
- Co-ordinate resourcing, track timelines and provide feedback to all relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the Production department.
- Organising freelancers when required.
- Stay up to date with digital applications that can enhance the functioning of your role and apply these where appropriate.
- Please e-mail your CV and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates should be available to come to an interview in Cape Town CBD, Lower Long Street.
- Should you not receive a response from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Hero is an equal opportunity employer. The employment decision made in the filling of this vacancy is informed by the Transformation & Employment Equity strategy of the company.
Download job specification here Vacancy Advert – Traffic Coordinator